The #SeattleSqueeze continues as construction in downtown Seattle impacts how we get around through 2024. What’s happening in the next chapter of the Seattle Squeeze?
- Waterfront Construction: Alaskan Way starts fall 2019. The waterfront is open during construction
- Transit service change: September 21, 2019. Enjoy more trips on bus routes in Seattle
- Fairview Ave. N bridge closure: September 23, 2019. The bridge is closed to all through traffic, including people walking and biking, for 18 months as crews rebuild this aging structure
- Tolling the SR 99 tunnel beings November 9, 2019. Expect more traffic on downtown streets. Toll rates will be between $1 and $2.50 with a Good to Go! pass
- Connect 2020: January 2020. Prepare for 10 weeks of reduced light rail service while crews connect the 12 new stations of Sound Transit’s East Link (opening 2023). There will also be three weekend closures in October and November 2019.